These confetti eggs are such a fun game to play on Easter day, and they’re really easy to make! I filled each egg with a solid coloured confetti, except one lucky egg got multi coloured confetti. Basically, everyone gets an egg and smashes it on an unsuspecting victim’s head! Whoever is lucky (or maybe unlucky?) enough to get the colourful confetti smashed on their head wins! The prize can be anything, the more chocolate the better, right. The best thing is they are super cheap because most of the supplies are things you already have, and all your guests will be smiling and laughing by the end of your get together.
What you’ll need:
- food colouring
- white vinegar
- confetti – I cut up different colours of crepe paper
- crepe paper cut into 1 inch circles for each egg
- glitter (optional)
What to do:
- Clean out your eggs. With a needle, make a small puncture in the bottom of your egg, then make that hole larger by moving the needle around and using your fingers to peel some of the egg shell away. Empty the egg into a bowl to be used for something else later (mine got made into a yummy zucchini slice. Delicious!) Once all the egg is out of the shell, put your shells under running hot water and clean them thoroughly.
- Now it’s time to dye them! Fill a cup with enough boiling water to submerge your eggs and add a tbsp vinegar and your food colouring. Just add as much or as little depending on how dark you want your eggs. Leave the eggs in the coloured water for at least 5 – 10 minutes or longer depending on how dark you want them. Leave them to dry completely.
- The fun part – filling the eggs with confetti! Use a spoon to scoop the confetti into the eggs and fill it to the brim.
- Once the eggs are filled with confetti, you need to seal the hole with your crepe paper rounds and glue. Cover the hole with the paper and paint over with glue, do this twice. Once the paper is in place cover with another layer of glue and dip in glitter.
- Now it’s time to enjoy the satisfaction of smashing these babies on someones head!!
I dyed all my eggs green so I could join in on the fun as well and not which egg has the colourful confetti, but you could dye yours any colour you like. Just have fun with it. What do you think? Looks pretty fun, right? I seriously can not wait to see the looks on people’s faces when they get confetti smashed on their heads! Especially my Nana, that will be priceless. Anyway, let me know what you think. Will any of you give these confetti eggs a go?